Monday, May 2, 2016

Reflective Post

In this course, I learned a lot of useful things that I can use as a future educator. The textbook was one of the main things that helped me learn. I like how it has many visuals and things that help you learn more. I like that it also has a lot of statistics for each section where they are needed to show how big or how small a certain concept can be. I didn't like doing discussions as much I like doing blog posts. I really like the idea that each student has their own individual blog. It is something different than doing a discussion where everyone can can see what you post. For your blog, there are many different people that can see it but I like that it is more "private" than a discussion post. My favorite activity that we did was the teacher e-portfolio. I liked that we got to create it ourselves and we were crafting it as if we were already teachers. My least favorite activities were the group projects. It makes it so much more challenging to do a group project while doing an online class. Every student is normally taking more than one class so we all have to work at our own pace while still completing it in a timely manner. I would much rather do a group project in an actual classroom rather than an online class. I found this article to be funny but also prove valid points on the people that you will have to work with either at work or throughout your academic career in group projects. I like that even though the work load per week was not a lot, it was still somewhat challenging and made you actually look at the material you were supposed to rather than being able to Google everything! I put together a Wordle for the entire semester, shown at the end of this post. Wordle is something I actually learned from this class! I like it because it is a word cloud and is pretty creative. Like this class was!
Resources:

Pinder, S (2016, May 2). Wordle. Created with Wordle www.wordle.net/create

The 5 Students You Meet in Group Projects. (n.d.). Retrieved May 02, 2016, from http://www.fastweb.com/student-life/articles/the-5-students-you-meet-in-group-projects


No comments:

Post a Comment